Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

saving report to server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Damiona

Programmer
Mar 20, 2001
US
Is there a way to save a report to the server when the client clicks on a save report button. I will only prompt them for the name of the file to save as, and i need it to automaticly save as a crystal 8 report. the whole concept is so that the user can save the report, and at a later time go to a screen and see the saved reports and run one without the refresh option so that they can see the origional data that was on that report. i dont want them promped any further

Damiona: If you save your reports with Saved Data turned on then any reopening of the report will reveal the original data. If you are working with VB you can disable the data refresh option in the Crystal Viewer so that all a user can get is the perviously executed result David C. Monks
david.monks@chase-international.com
Accredited Crystal Decisions Enterprise Partner

but how do i save it by clicking a button? i dont want any prompting but the name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back