Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving Quark files as eps problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

chays

Technical User
Nov 12, 2001
US
Here is a question. I tried saving a Quark, (4.1 on a Mac, G4), file as an eps and then opened it in Photoshop. When I opened it in Photoshop (6.0), it had a grid pattern on it. Am I missing a setting somewhere? Has anyone run into this issue?

Well, 4.1 had a lot of problems to begin with but you might check the settings and see if you have a grid set up as a non-printing item. When Photoshop opens an eps file that it has not created, it rasterizes the image into a static, one layer image that you can't edit like you could in quark. So perhaps there is a grid resident that is showing up because it gets flattened into the image.

May I ask why your doing it this way? Usually you put a photoshop eps into quark not the other way around so I curious what your purpose is for doing it this way.

I am working in an environment that does not have a postscript printer and I am not sure if I can make a pdf. I need to print out to an inkjet printer. THis seemed to be an alternative. Any suggestions?

C

What other programs do you have available to use and are you in Mac or PC? I have some ideas but need to get a better understanding. (been doing prepress and pdfs for a while now)

I am on a Mac (G$) using OS 10 Jaguire. They have Illustrator, Photoshop and maybe Acrobat reader. I am trying to get Acrobat installed.

Also, I could not find a setting in Quark that would control a grid. The grid that shows up in Photoshop looks like graph papaer. Does Quark have this feature somewhere?

Thanks

C

It might be in Photoshop. Try going to View > Show > Grid (in Photoshop, not Quark).

Thanks, I think that is what is happening. They have show grid turned on. If it is on when you open an eps file in Photoshop, the grid gets embedded in the new psd file.

c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back