Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving pdf back to MS Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

KerryL

Technical User
May 7, 2001
US
I've been requested to convert some pdf files into Microsoft Word. Am I correct in assuming that the only way to do this is to do a "Save As" back to Word?

Some of the formatting doesnt translate very well when going from pdf to Word that way, so I was just curious if there's a better (more thorough) way of converting a pdf file to Word.

Thanks!

...a conversion of pdf to word can vary greatly, there are numerous programs out there claiming to convert pdf files to word, in my experience so far some are better than others but still struggle to go from one environment to another...

...to check or change the settings that Acrobat uses to convert PDF content to Word format, open Preferences (choose Acrobat > Preferences on the Mac or Edit > Preferences in Windows) and choose Convert From PDF from the list of Categories on the left side of the dialog box. Then choose Microsoft Word Document from the Converting From PDF scrollable list. The window at right shows you how Acrobat will handle the conversion, including whether it will include comments, preserve columns and downsample images. To change these settings, click the Edit Settings button. (Alternatively, you can change these settings when you convert any given document by clicking the Settings button in the Save As dialog box.)

The conversion may not be perfect, depending on factors such as the complexity of the layout, and whether you have the document's fonts on your system. For simple business documents, Acrobat's Save As command can do a decent job of converting to Word...

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back