Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

saving passwords in TOAD and SQL Nav

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtyB

Programmer
Mar 13, 2001
US
I have Toad and SQL Nav here. We just moved an instance of a database from one server to another. I changed my TNS Names files, however, I cannot connect to the new instance via TOAD or SQL Nav. I can connect with SQL PLUS, which tells me that my TNS Names file is ok and the DB is ok. I have heard of a problem in TOAD and SQL Nav when you use the "save password" checkbox to connect. Does anyone have any info on this?

Thanks

*I cannot connect to the new instance via TOAD or SQL Nav

is there somekind of firewall ? or is your tnsnames.ora is connecting some differnt port/host!

Have you used the "SQLNET Help" button on the TOAD login screen to see/set which Oracle home that TOAD is using? If you have multiple homes, TOAD may be using a different one than SQL*Plus is using and the TNSNAMES file may differ between the homes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back