Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving Page Orientation

Status
Not open for further replies.

julieatnexus

Technical User
Nov 10, 2000
US
(CR7) I create several reports with a landscape orientation. My users access and print the compiled reports through a network drive. The default for the network printer is portrait. Is there a way to have the report save the orientation/page size changes and override the default of the network printer?

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give.

Julie

The landscape setting in "Report - Printer Setup" is supposed to be saved with the report. It should generate a landscape report regardless of the defaults of the printer. Unfortunately I have seen this same problem where some network clients revert to portrait for no clear reason.

First I would make sure that all printer drivers are up to date.

Otherwise, you might try the following. This worked with me in the one client where we couldn't otherwise solve the problem you are facing. In there situation only certain PCs had this problem:

Crystal goes by printer name, so you might be able to create another instance of your network printer under another name (like "Landscape Printer") and set the default properties of this instance to Landscape. Then in the landscape reports use a printer also named "Landscape Printer", even if it is a different type of hardware. Since Crystal first looks for a matching name, it should find the available "Landscape Printer" and point to it. Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal

Ken,

Thank you for your help. I'll give it a try.

Julie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back