Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving NTLM password in IE & IE Enhanced Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

freaky2000

Technical User
Aug 27, 2004
NL
Hey there,

I've actually got several, some what related questions. First off we have a customer that has an intranet website running at another location. The website uses NTLM authentication (and is in another windows domain than the one they work in). None of the WindowsXP Pro machines here seems to want to remember the password. The account is listed in password management under configuration screen | users. Recreating it doesn't help at all.

Secondly, we've got several WindowsXP Pro machines that started behaving like windows 2003 server with enhanced internet security after some updates. Now every time they click a shortcut that's on a network drive they get a download dialog on which they have to click open. In 2003 I resolved this by uninstalling the enhanced security, but I don't see such an option on WinXP Pro. Any ideas?

Thirth, I can't remove a passport account from password management on XP Pro. The remove button might as well not have been there :(.

Kind regards and thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back