Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving Mac Quark 7.1 so it can be opened by PC Quark 6.0? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gesso

Technical User
Nov 2, 2006
GB
I'm trying to save a file created in Quark 7.1 on a Mac so it can be opened and edited by a Windows PC user running Quark 6.0.

We have previously supplied Quark 4.0 files without any problems. Does anyone know if we can do this?

...and is there a reason why 6.0 has not been patched to 6.5.x for free? The 6.x user needs to meet you half-way.

Thanks Jimoblak,

I have been exporting to 6.0, however Quark support is now suggesting that the problem is with version 7/7.01 and thet i need to upgrade to 7.02. Will keep you posted

The problem is with both computers if neither is fully patched. QuarkXPress 7 will still tell you it is exporting to 6.0 but you really need your counterpart to be fully patched. It is reckless to be still using 6.0.

Will get them to upgrade at the same time. Cheers

The problem is Quark 6, 6.1 or 6.5 wont open exported legacy files from Quark 7.x. In order to open Exported 6 files from Quark 7 you need to have the Quark 6.55 patch. Once you have it in 6.55 you can resave and the other versions of 6 will open it. Pain in the arse though quark has never been fun for backsaving, this just adds a whole new level of bs to the mix :p

Cheers

Quark 6.5 is crashing when I open files exported from Quark 7.01?

How can I update my version (7.01) and how can I check the full version for 6.5? It just shows 6.5 on the startup screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back