Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving jpg to selected folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

grnzbra

Programmer
Mar 12, 2002
US
I sometimes have occasion to save sever jpg pictures from a web page (right click > save picture as) to a particular folder. A box opens that askes me to select a folder with the default being My Pictures. I then create the path to the folder in which I want to save the picture. When I try to save a second picture, if it is similar to the first, it will save to the selected folder. If not, it goes back to My Pictures and I have to go through the path selection process again. If it similar to another picture that was saved to a different folder, it might try to save to that folder. It seems like IE has some kind of "smart" saving feature. Is there any way to shut this off and just have it keep saving to the last folder selected?

It's fine for me in IE8 (XP SP3) as well.

Perhaps you can define what you mean by 'similar' pictures? I took this to mean the same type - as in GIF, JPG, etc.

Dan

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch:
Code Couch Tech Snippets & Info:

One example would be military vehicles that pretty much fill the frame and all have the same camo paint shade. The first one to be saved goes to wants to default to My Pictures. You change the path to the desired folder. After that, they all want to go to the selected folder. Now, try to copy a picture of a vehicle that doesn't fill the frame or that is a totally different color. The suggested save to target goes back to My Pictures.

There never has been, and I suspect never will be, picture recognition software built into IE that detects the colour a tank is painted and gives a different folder accordingly.

Perhaps you have some 3rd party toolbar installed which does?

Try running IE in 'no add-ons' mode (run "iexplore.exe -extoff") and see if this persists.

Dan

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch:
Code Couch Tech Snippets & Info:

Thanks, but it didn't work. Got the yellow band at the top of the screen telling me the add ons were turned off, but still got the same behavior.

Thanks anyway. I do appreciate the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back