Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving individual layers 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cufevi

Technical User
Mar 4, 2002
US
Hi folks,
I'm creating an animation in PS and rather than going through image ready I want to transfer the images to another program so my question is this: If I have 100 layers can I save them all as individual JPEGS in one go or do I need to save each layer individually? A related question is, can I re-number all the layers sequentially without having to do each one individually, the layers are now a random mess of numbers, Layer 3 copy 4, layer 4 copy 2 etc and I need them numbered 1-100 in order. Thanks.

I should have mentioned thaty I'm usingPS 7 and the reason i don't want to use Image Ready is because I'm creating an animation for powerpoint to be prrojected on a fifty foot curtain and with ImageReady there is a massive degradation to the final output and I don't know how to get around that other than saving at a higher dpi which in turn makes the animation slow and cumbersome, and obviously massive in file size.

Just by way of explaination, i know I'm probably not using the best program for what it is I'm trying to achieve but as I'm creating each frame individually I went with what I know. I'm not planning on making a career out of this so I don't want to buy any other software and I really don't have the time to learn it if I did. So if anyone has ever made a Powerpoint presentation of this kind I'd be interested to know how you went about it. I'm also new to powerpoint but it's the only app I have that alows me to show an animation full screen without the program interface showing up on the screen. I don't know if any of this makes sense but it's five in the morning and I've been at this for three days solid...
Thanks. and zzzzzzzzzz

Thanks Aikodude, that's made my life a whole lot easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back