Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

saving in DW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I am developing an application in PowerBuilder 7. What I am trying to do is: Within a window there are 3 DW's. Depending on what the user edits in any of them I want it to only save those DW's that have had changes made to them. The only thing is, when you hit edit I have automatically inserted and put in information for one column because I don't want to allow the user to edit that column, but if they don't insert any data into the other columns within that row I do not want it to update which is the point I am at right now. Any one have any coding suggestions?Thanks in advance!

ModifiedCount reports the number of rows that are scheduled to be added or updated in the database table associated with a DataWindow or DataStore. This includes rows in the primary and filter buffers. A newly inserted row (with a status flag of New!) is not included in the modified count until data is entered in the row (its status flag becomes NewModified!).

When a row is changed, inserted, or deleted, its update flag is set, making it marked for update.

ResetUpdate clears the update flags in the primary and filter buffers and empties the delete buffer of a DataWindow or DataStore.

So after your change just call the dwcontrol.ResetUpdate( ) function and that will reset the buffer, which means when you do a modifiedcount afterwards and it returns a number bigger than zero you know the user changed something as well.

Hope this helped

Regards

Tentacle
e-mail: contact_tentacle@hotmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back