Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving images(not exporting) to a self-contained file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gcarcass

MIS
Jul 16, 2005
JP
Hello:

In order to solve a request I'm importing images into the cast and keep them there, not linked but embedded as a request for an application from a client. You may ask why??? well...that's part of my new problem. I have six buttons on the stage, each one capable of loading an image.(actually it could be from 2 until 6, depending on the user preferences). Now this is the TRICKY PART. How can I manage to save that layout? I'm not talking about a list, so I guess I can not use FILEIO, I do not need to save an screenshot or export an image, so I guess Sharp Export Extra or FileXtra4 won't do the trick. As I said before I need to save the current layout of loaded images, and then if I want, load them again, into the same position and the same... well...I guess you get the idea, no?

It must be some kind of solution that create a single self contained file, I'm mean by self contained the idea that ALL(and literally I mean ALL) the data is stored there, and if I take it to a different machine, but run the same application, I can load onto it the same layout. For example, I load images of an apple, orange, banana and melon, then press save and voila!!!! everything is saved, so next time I open the application I do not have to open the images one by one again, because everything is already saved, and so on for any image that I want to save or load, so quickly I load the file that contain all that data, so the user can have files, with fruit, cars, people, whatever.

Maybe the technical concept is not the correct one, but the root concept, it must be that one, "load images, do something with them, and then saved. So next time if want to keep using them, in a different machine(maybe I just sent the file by e-mail), I load everything again.

I guess this might be quite complicated, so any link or post with examples, so I can figure out the scripting will be appreciated. Also any help, suggestion, idea, support, whatever.

I'm using this code to load images, then to unload, I just simply erase() the cast member.

on mouseUp
-- Create an instance of the MUI Xtra
set MUIobject = new(xtra "MUI")

-- this asks the user for a pathname of a file to open
result = fileOpen(MUIObject,"Where are files to open?")

-- Get rid of /dispose of MUI object from memory
MUIObject = 0

-- display response in message window (ie full pathname of file to open)
-- put result
importFileInto member MEMBER(X), result
sprite(Z).member = member X

end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back