Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving image with transparent background to use in Quark

Status
Not open for further replies.

annew

Technical User
Aug 18, 2003
US
Hello,

I want to use images created/modified in Photoshop in Quark, but these images NEED to have a transparent background once saved. What file formats will support this? Do I need to create the image on a transparent background instead of white in Photoshop or does that matter?

Your help is appreciated :)

Anne

do a clipping path and save the files as .eps

Is there not an easier way? I am a beginner (had to look up clipping path online) and not so good with the lasoo tools and drawing around intricate objects.

Anne

Not really. It's not a Photoshop issue, because it supports plenty of formats that use transparency. Unfortunately, Quark doesn't support them.

If you don't want to use clipping paths, you can also use alpha channels (up to a point) or set the clipping in Quark to 'non-white areas'. Neither method is recommended, as the results can be unreliable.

Another option is to create the whole background in Photoshop and place the images there. Yet another option is to use InDesign instead, as it has much better transparency support than Quark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back