Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving Graph to GIF - GRAPHSERVURL and IBIGraphServlet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creeder

Programmer
Jul 5, 2000
MY
Dear All,

I have really run out ideas on this problem. I am basically trying to save a graph to the gif file. I suspect that it is some configuration problem but i have no idea where to start.

When running the following:

I am getting a HTTP 500 error.

From other threads that i have gathered that this is not[\B] a normal error. I really have no idea what to do next as I am at a dead end.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Creeder

Here's the doc on saving a graph as a GIF file. If you're following these steps, please provide the FEX which you run, when the error occurs.

Procedure: How to Save a Graph as a GIF File Using GRAPHSERVURL

1. Install JDK as per the requirements in the WebFOCUS & ReportCaster Installation & Configuration manual for your platform.

2. Create a procedure that produces the GIF image, and set GRAPHSERVURL in the procedure to the URL that invokes the WebFOCUS Graph Servlet. For example,

SET GRAPHSERVURL=http://hostname/ibi_apps/IBIGraphServlet where:

hostname

Is the name of the machine where WebFOCUS is installed.

For more details, see Save a Graph as a GIF File.

3. Run the procedure directly on the WebFOCUS Reporting Server, using a browser, or from Developer Studio.

EXAMPLE

Syntax: How to Save a Graph as a GIF File
Code:
[FILEDEF filename DISK drive:\...\filename.GIF]
SET GRAPHSERVURL= graph_servlet_URL
GRAPH FILE file
graph commands
ON GRAPH HOLD AS filename FORMAT GIF
END
where:

FILEDEF

Saves the GIF file to the location you specify.

filename

Is the name you give the GIF file, which must match the FILEDEF filename. If you want to prompt for a filename, include an amper variable such as &FILENAME in the procedure.

Note: To insert a GIF image that resides in a permanent location, you must provide the fully qualified path to the GIF file. For example,

TYPE=REPORT, IMAGE=drive:\...\ filename.gif
where:

drive:\...\filename.gif

Is the path where the GIF file is located. The WebFOCUS Reporting server must be installed on that drive.

graph_servlet_URL

Is the URL to invoke the WebFOCUS Graph Servlet.

file

Is the name of the data source you wish to report against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back