Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving for pervious versions

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrbaneRove

Programmer
Mar 21, 2002
CA
Hey all,

A hopefully quick question in regards to file versions. In my office I have just been given a new project to work on with photoshop. The IT staff has put me on the new version (7.0) and the other person working on the images is on 5.5. We have to share some of the files and I was wondering if and how to save file from 7.0 to a 5.5 version. The add on capabilities of 7.0 are not being used so that will not be an issue.

Thanks for any input.

ps. We are trying to get the other guy up to 7.0 but....

UrbaneRove

Hi,

If you aren't utilizing any ad-ons features of ps 7 like you say, then simply save the files as .psd and then use them back and forth. If you are only working with pixels then it won't be a problem.

Hope this helps!

Nate

mainframe.gif

If you're not using any of the P7.0 only features, then just save the file and open it in version 5.5.
However, you may need to set up a colour management system to ensure that two users retain the colour profile of the files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back