Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving Excel File Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucybelle

MIS
Apr 9, 2001
US
I have installed MS Office 2003 on some new IBM ThinkCentres, model# 8215-22u, and am having a problem saving existing Excel files on our network. When the file is on the hard drive, I don’t get the message. This is the message: "The file may have been changed by another user since you last saved it. In that case what do you want to do - Save a copy - Overwrite changes". We have been using Office 2003 on other model ThinkCentres for over a year with no problem. We have installed all the Microsoft updates, installed all hardware updates and searched the Microsoft knowledge base and nothing works. No one else has the file open. When I create a new file, I can save it, but when I reopen it, I get the message. Command antivirus is running on these computers, but it is also running on all the others. I would appreciate some suggestions. Thanks.

I think we found the problem. The antivirus was the culprit. The server is running a different av than the computers and there was a conflict. We just changed a setting on the computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back