Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving(?) ex-employee's emails 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

beancounter

Programmer
Feb 23, 2002
US
I started working at a new company and I'm new to Groupwise. We're on Groupwise 6.0.2. The person before me was receiving a lot of emails from clients which she stored in client folders in her Cabinet.

When I started I received my own Groupwise account and the password to the former employee's account. I have to tell the clients to stop emailing the former employee and give them a new email address to use. I set myself up as a proxy for the former employee and I'm in the process of setting up sharing for all of these folders.

Is there another way to store all of these folders full of emails? If not, is there a way I can be the owner of these folders rather than the former employee?

When you share those folders with yourself, give yourself all rights to the folders. Then under your account, create a new folder(s) similar in name to the shared folder(s). Highlight all the mail in the folder; Right Click and drag to the new folder, choose Move). Delete the shared folder.

Unfortunately I have about 80 folders to do this with. I wish there was a way to set sharing for more than 1 folder at a time.

Sadly, this is the only way to do it. We have this problem every time a user leaves as they use shared folders a lot and we have to get the contents transferred out before we can close the account.

Good luck with your quest!
Jules

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back