Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving canvases as HTML files

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlesAlvear

Technical User
Jul 24, 2007
US
Has anyone experimented with saving canvases as an HTML file?

I am using CustomView Producer v3.0 and I am able to save a canvas as an HTML file, but when I open the HTML canvas version of the canvas, I just get a lot of text on the page and none of the realtime objects that I created on the regular canvas.

The canvas in question works properly when saved as a CVS file and is displayed with Director.

Thanks,

Charles

I do not believe html file is a supported typed with canvases. I have 4.0 and it only accepts an xml file or cvs (canvas file).

Thanks Arznrchrd. I assumed HTML was supported because when select File - Save-As, HTML is an available file type to select.

So my follow-up question would be . . . Is anyone familiar with an alternative canvas viewer besides Director?

Many of my agents work from home on a weekly basis and wish to see the canvas information on their desktop. I would prefer that they not have to install the Director software at home.

They took that out in 4.0. For at home agents, I would look into using the real-time toolkit that you get with the Contact Server; add-on software/server to the ACD. I think you can buy it separate as well. You would be able to then program whatever stat information. I am unaware of a way to have a remote agent looking at a canvas; unless it is installed on a Citrix farm or if they are RDP'ng into your network and running director.

Aspect Viewpoint - a web based thin client for displaying Real Time stats. A web based version of Director.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back