Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving Batches of v8 Reports as v7

Status
Not open for further replies.

davemcguigan

Technical User
May 8, 2001
Hi there
Has anyone come across a utility which allows you to save a load of v8 reports as v7 without having to go through them individually? I'm sure I've seen something like this advertised somewhere in the past but can't find anything.

Thanks

I try to learn as much as possible about Crystal.
To the best of my knowledge, such a utility does not exist.
Back in the old DOS days there was a utility called
"superkey" that allowed you to create a macro that would
simply simulate keyboard entries. Maybe such a thing
exists in Windows.

Be careful. We have had trouble with Version 7 reports that were created in Version 8 and saved as Version 7.

The conversion is not perfect and the report end up unreliable.

Howard Hammerman,

Crystal Reports training, consulting, books, training material, software, and support. Scheduled training in 8 cities.
howard@hammerman.com
800-783-2269

The software you are probably thinking of is VControl from FastPlanet. However, I am not sure this will roll the version backward. It says it will upgrade to V7, but I am not sure if that means it will go backward. Here is the link.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Thanks guys, that's a help.
According to the Help File for VControl it can downgrade from v8 to v7, and apparently will prevent the downgrade of any reports which may lose any functionality.
Most of out reports are fairly straightforward anyway so we should be ok, though I will be wary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back