Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

saving attachments in outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

mortkc

MIS
Apr 23, 2001
US
Is there any way to change the default location that outlook uses when doing a "save as" on a file attachment?

By default it should use your My Documents folder, and I've never found a way to change that. What I advise users to do is to put a shortcut in their My Documents folder to wherever they want to go quickly, and do it that way.

Thank you, I will ask him to do that so I don't pull my hair out trying to back door this.

Here's a tip that I use regularly when I set up folder shortcuts inside other folders.

You can name the shortcut anything you want, but I like it to come to the top somehow. Try naming it something like 00--Shortcut to My Pictures.lnk. That way when you sort files by name, any shortcut or file that starts with 00 (zero zero) will show up right below any subfolders. You can carry this a little further by naming several folder shortcuts 00..., 01..., 02..., etc. in order to have all your fast folders handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back