Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving as a web page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish2000

Programmer
Apr 30, 2005
US
Using MS Project 2000

I have created a filter that displays what I want to see in Project. I have figured out how to save as a web page using this filter. My only problem now is that I cannot figure out how to keep the data sorted by the start date in this saved web page. I think I need to add some type of sort criteria to the filter but do not know how. Not sure if this is the correct solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Well there's no way to specify a sort field on a filter or a table (or a View which is a combination of a table and a filter).

You can specify a sort by clicking on Project | Sort (and then on "Sort by" if you are interested in permanent renumbering the tasks. There you can specify the sort keys and specify (a) permanently renumber tasks and (b) keep the outline structure.

Putting all of this together:

1. Filter (you have already defined this)
2. Table (you should set up a specific table)
3. View (combination of 1 and 2).
4. Sort (has to be done manually or by VBA)
5. Save as HTML (again: manually or by VBA)

The only way to automate this is to write some VBA.

Finally, I'm interested in learning why you want to save the info as an HTML file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back