Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving as a PNG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JennyBenny5321

Technical User
Nov 23, 2008
US
Hello!

I imported a photo into illustrator, added my text and graphics, and I clicked "save for web and devices" and saved it as a PNG (PNG-24).

Saving it as a PNG somehow makes the photo a little fuzzier and not very sharp (especially in small details like faces).

The way it looks on my artboard in ai is perfect, very sharp. I even did a screen capture and pasted it into fireworks (another editing program) and its crystal clear and sharp.

So i'm guessing its when ai saves the file that the problem happens.

Any suggestions?

...best post a link to an image of the problem PNG, and a 'before' screen shot (100% zoom) so we can actually see the difference you are experiencing...

Andrew

...without seeing it, the only important option in png-24 is ant-aliasing in the image size options, this needs to be active and applied to prevent pixelation...

Andrew

Why not just to the text and graphics inside Fireworks? Seen as fireworks is a program for saving to the web.

You could export your things from illustrator to jpg and then place them in fireworks along with the image.

It seems like your working procedures are backward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back