Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving Access Reports as Word Documents

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBall2003

Programmer
May 30, 2003
US
I searched in the forum and i dont think i found anything that I needed so this is why I am posting this.

My boss wants me to run an invoice report for all our clients from access but he wants me to save them as word documents. Now i saw in other forums how to export manually is there any way to export the report in the VBA code??
any help would be appreciated thanks

mball

Check out DoCmd.OutputTo in Access/VBA help. Note that this can only be used to export to RTF format, not full Word format, so be prepared to potentially lose some of your formatting (e.g. dividing lines will disappear).

Search help for OutputTo method - the topic begins like this:

The OutputTo method carries out the OutputTo action in Visual Basic. For more information on how the action and its arguments work, see the action topic.

Syntax

DoCmd.OutputTo objecttype[, objectname][, outputformat][, outputfile][, autostart][, templatefile]

[pc2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back