Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving a Photoshop Path in Illustrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephmaya

Technical User
Nov 18, 2003
CA
Similar to a question I had asked before but a little different. I was just wondering if I created a path in photoshop and now want to bring it in to illustrator as I'm creating large signage in illustrator, will the path be best saved as a cmyk tiff and brought in to illustrator or should it be saved as an eps and brought in?

Also, is there a way in Illustrator to create a gradient path that will blur in to a photo like you can in Photoshop without getting any rough edges?

Please advise,

Much appreciated.

Thank you,

Stephanie

As for the first part - you can export paths to illustrator - work path or whatever you've named it.

Not quite sure I'm understanding your second question. Are you saying you need to apply a gradient to an imported photo?

Use eps, with tiff preview. this saves clipping path. has worked for me before.

The second part of a my question is that in Photoshop, I made a path that was a solid colour and made it in to a gradiant of that colour. When I applied a photo in front of the gradient path, the gradient made the photo look like it has nice soft edges. (Not talking about feathering). Is there a way to do this also in illustrator?
When I tried it in Illustrator the gradient just made the photo look like it had a hard cut off, rather than a nice blend like in Photoshop.

Thanks for the other advice :O)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back