Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving a field in a database with a class

Status
Not open for further replies.

davesmith

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2001
IE
i am currently writing a mailmerge "on the net" type page for our customers, yet sql only lets you save in one font/bold/underlined etc in each field.

I have found a way round this, but what i want to be able to do is,
say i'm going to do a heading under the addres (which is picked up from a table previously) and i want the heading to be in bold, underlined and times new roman, without previously defining this how would i go abaout applying the changes to the field from the user end, and then saving in the field for use when printing.

then i will want to put a paragraph (these are referenced to the same letter by an id code and an order number (part1, part2) and i want this text to be centralised and in say arial. and save it etc etc.

How can i do it, would i have an extra field saying class, i'm not to sure about all this!!
But it will show us to be good to our clients if i can!

Cheers

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back