Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving a bitmap

Status
Not open for further replies.

elziko

Programmer
Nov 7, 2000
GB
I'm using the "savepicture" statement to save the contents of an image control to a .BMP file. But how do I change the resolution that the file is saved at. So if the orginal image control contains a 800x600 picture how would I convert this to a 400X300 picture? I dont want to change the contents of the control, just the contents of the saved file.

Many thanks

elziko

In a pinch, you could create another, invisible picturebox. Resize to the desired size, PaintPicture into it, then SavePicture from that.

Thanks, Yeah thats what I've done, but I've never liked the idea of solving a problem with invisible controls, its gonna make it harder for anybody to work out whats going on when they take a look at my code.

So if anyone knows of a function that will do the above, and maybe one that will change the colour (color!) depth too I'd really appreciate it.

elziko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back