Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saving 2 colour artwork as an eps

Status
Not open for further replies.

jezlee

Technical User
Nov 5, 2002
GB
I have produced a piece of artwork in illustrator 9, using 2 spot pantone colours and have incorporated gaussian blur. After I have saved the file as an eps (which entails flattening the artwork) the 2 spot colours have now become cmyk colours. Is there any way around this problem?

There is no reason that these colors would have been reasigned unless you opened your eps in photoshop. You cannot however apply a gaussian blur to a spot color, you will convert it to whatever document color mode you are using (cmyk or rgb) if you try. What I do to get around this is make all of one of the colors process black, and assign a spot to the other. I make whatever color has the blur the process black plate. That way when I go to separate it I only output the process black plate (not the cyan, mag, or yellow) and the spot plate. After the plates are printed you can put whatever ink color on the press you want. BEHOLD! As Steve Jobs introduces us the latest in desk-lamp technology!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back