Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SaveReport Command: How to Include headers in saved file? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaneSQ

Technical User
Nov 23, 2006
CA
The SaveReport command doesn't include Headers when it saves the report. Is there a way to include the headers, like it does when you save as excel to the Catalog?

Thank you!

Thank you for the PPS, That gives me some ideas about using ReportBasic to create other files, record-by-record.

I've stuck with the SaveReport command in my ReportBasic macro, and just added the Header fields to each record(in the body of the report). It turns out that with those fields connected to each record, my VBA for Excel macro can import a bunch of these files at once!

All's well that ends well.

Thanks again Charles!

oh man. I'm using the Code in that PowerPoint for EVERYTHING now!

I'm making the files .csv, and linking it to after report run.

Now i can open the report, close reportsmith, and the data I want is in a tiny CSV file, where I want it. I'll never have to open an excel-formatted report from the catalogue ever again!!

Just thought I'd share my joy.

Great glad it helped. You will find other powerpoints on my webpage ( click on the Resources button.

CharlesCook.com
Specializing in ReportSmith Training and Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back