Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Saved Exports won't run Union Query - Too Few Parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbola

Technical User
Feb 27, 2003
CA
I have two queries that had parameters from a form. I then created a Union query. When I run the Union Query, it works fine. When I try to create a Saved Export I get the Too Few Paramenters - Expected 4 error.

I took the parameters out of the two queries, and put them in the Union query, but I get the same error.

How come???

I want to export my query to a csv file for integration into an accounting system.

The way I have always written queries I've never had this problem...

Save the individual queries and then union those queries....

Code:
Select *
From Query1

Union All

Select *
From Query2

You might also be having a problem with the parameter bug...

Let us know if either fixes your problem.

What is the parameter bug?

My Query1 and Query2 have parameters, as does a query that is used in those queries.

I am able to export to Excel. It only give the error for Text type. I looked into specification sets and that told me nothing.

The URL I gave has the specifics on the parameter bug.

Also for grins you could run a make table query based of the union and export that... That would tell you if it is a query export problem or a data export problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back