Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SaveAs() DW Function - DDDW Display Value

Status
Not open for further replies.

bentleygt

Programmer
Feb 24, 2004
US
I want to use the SaveAs DW Function to save/export the values of the datawindow. However, one of the columns in the datawindow is a DDDW. Currently when the saveas() function is executed it saves the 'Data Column'. I want to save the 'Display Column' values instead. How can this be accomplished?

You need to write your own save as function (there's info in help on how to do it). To get the display value of a DDDW you need to use Describe and Evaluate. Evaluate lets you (as the name implies) evaluate datawindow expressions in PowerScript. Example:
Code:
string ls_Column
long ll_Row

// Set ls_Column to the name of the column with the DDDW.
// ll_Row should be set to the row containing the data 
// for which you want the display value

dw_MyDW.Describe("Evaluate('LookupDisplay(" + ls_Column + ")', " + String(ll_Row) + ")")
Hope this helps.

Oops... Last line of code should have been:
Code:
string ls_Value

ls_Value = dw_MyDW.Describe("Evaluate('LookupDisplay(" + ls_Column + ")', " + String(ll_Row) + ")")

Hello Guys,

I would like to verify report in runtime programmtically. THe problem I am facing is if I call Verify() method it populates a message box with "THe database is uptodate" which I would like to suppress somehow.

I would like to know what is the correct method to verify() report's settings at runtime. Euiqvalent of verify() function.

Thanks
Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back