Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Save Workspace - workaround for 2013?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1GHTEYES

Technical User
Jun 18, 2004
GB
I just realised that the "Save Workspace" feature has been removed in Excel 2013.

Does anyone know of a workaround?

I was considering writing a macro to:
create a new workbook
note all open workbooks and the settings, (number of windows, positions, placement etc.)
store that data in the workbook
add code to it
then save it as "Resume_Workspace.xlsm" or something similar
then close it.

The code would be in the Open Workbook event and would cause it to open and set up the files whose details were stored, then close itself.

However, that seems a mite tedious if anyone has a better way, or has already posted the code for the above.

So, does anyone have any info?

Sorry to say that sounds like you're on the right path. If it's really important to you, then you may very well have to go that route.

Any references I see about that feature elsewhere just say it's now gone.

It'd be an interesting thing to try.

If you have multiple workspaces, you could add an index to your Workspaces workbook and have a button or link to run each individually instead of putting the code in the Workbook_Open event.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back