Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Save user entered data locally

Status
Not open for further replies.

arunpers

Programmer
Jan 12, 2004
US
Hello,
I have a form that has a lot of dataentry fields. I would like to allow the users to download the form as a html file and work on it offline; meaning, they can open the html file from their local disk and enter data in the text boxes and save it locally.
After all the data has been entered, they will log back to the web site and upload the html file from the local disk and I have a servlet that will parse this and read the data entered. This is possible if the users use MS Word to enter data in the local html files, but IE or Mozilla browsers dont save the page with data entered by the user. Is there a option to do this in the browsers or can I write a javascript that will save the file locally with the data ?

Thanks in advance.

You should look into creating an HTA web application. They're like web pages, but with the ability to write to the client's machine like a normal exe program.

Adam
while(ignorance==true){perpetuate(violence,fear,hatred);life=life-1};

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back