Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Save two files on the client

Status
Not open for further replies.

koraykazgan

Programmer
Jan 11, 2005
DE
Hi all,

I have to solve the following scenario. On my webpage, the user is able to view some text content. I have to put a "Save Document" button on that page. If the user wants to save that document, she clicks "Save Document" and then I have to pop up the Save As Dialog. When the user selects a folder, where she wants to save that file, I need to save that file on the client.

The first question is how can I do that in ASP.Net 2.0?

Now the problem is getting bigger. Every Document has some metadata. When the user has selected a file, that file has to be saved on the selected location. Besides, a file which is including the metadata (in XML Format) has also to be saved in the selected folder.

So my second questing is how can I save two files with one save dialog.

Note: I cannot join the files into one (e.g. Zipping the files) because on the client a 3rd party application is looking for the file and its metadata seperately.

Thanks for help,
Bye...

To send the client a file, you can either redirect your page to the file or you can send it as part of the response object. For the question on sending multiple files read thread855-1395800

Need help finding an answer? Try the Search Facility or read FAQ222-2244.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back