Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

save System error:Access violation - unknow host

Status
Not open for further replies.

K0m

Technical User
Jul 25, 2001
TH
Hi
I have have problem My system used Windows 2000 as backupserver Networker 6.1.1 client is windows2000
Use DNS in network
i am found Error message
save System error:Access violation - unknow host
123.xxx.xxx.xx

in save group detail

am try uesd host files abd try to back up agian still have problem

can you descri this ploblem and method to fix it

Thank you very much

kom

Hi

Make sure of the following :

1) Do nslookup from client on servername and on server ip.
2) Do nslookup from server on clientname and on client ip.
3) Ensure that the host file on the server includes the
clients name and ip and the same on the client.

Although you use DNS, keep the host files updated to have you backups failproof with regards to DNS problems.

Good luck

George

forget the hosts files. If you're using DNS, all you need is a regular entry and a PTR (reverse lookup) record for each client and the Legato server. If you're using MS DNS, when you create a new entry (an A record), there is a check box that allows you to create a corresponding PTR record at the same time.

If that doesn't work, on the client, right click on "My computer" --> Properties --> Network Identification and click the properties button. Make sure that the spelling of the system name, and the domain is correct.

Good Luck!

-ag100

Check out your clients nstr/servers file. There you will find your problem. The server doesn't have access to your client.

Do you have two networks? If yes it might be worth looking at the routing.
Networker Server asks machine ABC with IP 123.4.5.6
Machine ABC answers with the other Interface, because it is the default route:
Machine ABC answers 123.4.6.6
The result would be that the networker does not know what machine 123.4.6.6 is and refuses to work.

Have a try

Johanes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back