Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Save screen output to a file

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanyaj

Technical User
Nov 24, 2008
US
Few years ago I was so accustomed to using the "print" command on the Solaris box, that allowed me to save all the screen outputs to a file name you specify. Hence, if you needed to share that details with somebody else, all one had to do is submit this file.

I believe, i had to press Ctrl-Z to create an EOF, thus a named file will be created.

Can someone please help me to use that syntax again on Solaris. I want to be able to save everything I do on the scren to a file and view it later. I have forgotten the syntax.

Thanks,
Shan

Use the "[tt]script[/tt] command. It will save both commands and their output to a file.

SamBones, you caught up with me by 2 mins. I was just able to locate that command on this Forum. Yes! I got it now, it is actually "script" command and not "print".

Sincerely appreciated,
Shan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back