Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Save report without data

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOSES

Technical User
Feb 8, 2000
AE
Hi guys !!

I have a typical problem when doing this...

I had to change the data source for some of my existing reports bcos we r moving to W2K.

And I managed the data source using the 'Set Location' command from the database menu options to point to a diff. server with a diff name.

My reports also use SQL's that is designed in CR SQL designer to get data for the report.

And I did a 'Save as' with a different report file name, eg, xxx.rpt

The Problem - The data does not get refreshed with the latest date parameters. It report displays detls with the default parameters set.

Contention - I do not want data to be saved with my report template and neither have I used 'Save data with report' option at the report design time.

Guys - I need help badly.

Can anybody help. And thks in advance.

Note - CR Ver I am using - 7.0
And my reports r called from a VB code.

There is a similar setting in the QRY file that saves data with the Query that you created. This gets set to save data with the QRY by default. Ken Hamady
On-site custom Crystal Reports Training and Consulting.
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back