Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Save Report using QuickReport

Status
Not open for further replies.

satelite

Programmer
Jul 29, 2010
MX
Hi there I need to save a report by program, I'm using Quick Report V 3.0 pro, and C++Builder 5.0, here is my code

QuickRep1->Prepare();

QuickRep1->QRPrinter->Save(ORD0420RSF->FileName1);

it creates the file, but breaks with the following error message:
Access Violation at address 7C91100B in module ntdll.dll read of address 00000018

I also tried to use export filter Html, but does nothing.

Thanks in advance.

While I've not tried it, some boards are saying you need to preview the report first and then run Application->ProcessMessages() before saving the report.

James P. Cottingham
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

Of course, my code is in an afterprint event. What is the
Application->ProcessMessages() for?

Application->ProcessMessages() forces your app to process the messages that the OS and other apps send. For example, have you ever seen an app that is running, then when you click another app or even the background, the app seems to freeze until it finishes processing? That app isn't processing the OS message that it no longer has focus.

Judicious use of this makes your app "run better." Too many and your app will actually slow down.

James P. Cottingham
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back