Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

save report as pdf and email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobnz

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2002
NZ
I want to be able to send a report to a pdf printer and save it to a certain directory so I can email it.
I am using freepdf
At the moment the user clicks a send button and a report is created and saved as a .txt file which is then attached and emailed.

B

Auto sending a report as a pdf is kind of an annoying process.

Have you tried using an rtf instead? Almost everyone on the planet can open them, you do loose some things, but not too much, and you can send it with a very simple macro.

If you must do PDF, hopefully another user can help you, because I can only make it work by changine the set up of the pdf printer port and what not.

ChaZ

Hi im having the same problem and was wondering did anyone come up with a solution. I have two command buttons in my form one for creating a pdf report and one for sending emailing reports. I need to create some sort of link to send the pdf report as an email using a command button.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back