Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Save Record Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleMan22

Technical User
Jun 24, 2001
CA
Does anyone know why I'm getting this message (if so how can I get around it):

This record has been changed by another user since you started editing it. If you save the record you will overwrite the changes the other user has made. Copying the values to the clipboard will let you look at the values that the other user has entered, and then paste your changes back in if you decide to make changes.

And then I get the options: a) save record b) copy to clipboard c) drop changes.

lm,
This question is almost identical to Ranns post here, so I'll copy my response to Rann, I hope it helps...

Rann,
One thing to look at would be in any AfterUpdate or BeforeUpdate, or really any form events--see if you are updating through the back door via sql statements or setting textbox control values in those events.

Also, a long shot, but there was an issue in the past with ODBC connected db's (I found this the case with AS/400 DB2, but SQL7 may not have this issue) where an ODBC Date or Double types would cause this. The reason was that odbc would read the values of all fields upon loading the record, and the only way it could check for a write conflict was to compare them all--field by field--when the record was updated. The minute precision differencess between the orignal stored values and the newly read values of the dates or floats made Access think a record was changed when it was never touched.
--Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back