Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Save.nlm abends and no backup on Netware65sp6 and Legato 7.2.1!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobca

Technical User
Mar 3, 2006
SE
Hi
TSAFS /NoCachingMode are enabled so to speak.

The backup starts but stops after a while. Save.nlm abends and the process is suspended.

We are using 7.2.1 and patches 7.2.1 LGTpa88764 and 7.2.1 LGTpa89631.

Any ideas? Below you can se logs from Legato.

/Tobias

* rhs-fs-dl01:VOL1: 1 retry attempted
* rhs-fs-dl01:VOL1: Cannot determine status of the backup process. Use mminfo to determine job status.
* rhs-fs-dl01:VOL1: aborted due to inactivity

* rhv-fs-dl01:VOL1: 1 retry attempted
* rhv-fs-dl01:VOL1: Cannot determine status of the backup process. Use mminfo to determine job status.
* rhv-fs-dl01:VOL1: aborted due to inactivity

* vfv-fs-dl01:{NDS}: 1 retry attempted
vfv-fs-dl01:{NDS}:: No full backups of this save set were found in the media database; performing a full backup
* vfv-fs-dl01:{NDS}: 12/20/06 21:39:00 nsrexec: SYSTEM error: Connection refused
* vfv-fs-dl01:SYS: 1 retry attempted
* vfv-fs-dl01:SYS: 12/20/06 21:44:03 nsrexec: SYSTEM error: Connection refused
* vfv-fs-dl01:VOL1: 1 retry attempted
* vfv-fs-dl01:VOL1: 12/20/06 21:45:01 nsrexec: SYSTEM error: Connection refused

* rhg-fs-dl01:VOL1: 1 retry attempted
* rhg-fs-dl01:VOL1: Cannot determine status of the backup process. Use mminfo to determine job status.
* rhg-fs-dl01:VOL1: aborted due to inactivity

* rhg-fs-dl03:All 1 retry attempted
* rhg-fs-dl03:All 12/20/06 19:11:42 nsrexec: SYSTEM error: Connection refused

Hi,

What version are the TSAs? There are many caveats with the TSAs so I would start by testing another version of that. Also, I have had problems with 7.21+patch at some places, so I have had to install 7.20+patches instead. Might be woth a try.

How does the backup actually work? Does it start to transfer any data? Is it any difference if you start the backup from the client instead?

Hi,
Tsafs.nlm Version 6.52.02 2006 september 4
Tsands.nlm Version 10551.71 2005 July 19

The backup continues for several hours before the abend occurs. When the abend occurs save.nlm is suspended and "stucks".
/tobias

Hi,

Is it always after the same amount of data/time that the abend occurs? Could it be something in the filesystem that triggers the abend? Something like a file with strange characters, long path or something else. Your best shot would be to open up a call with EMC who probably can help you debug the backup and might see what's going on.

If you don't have a contract with EMC I would just start testing other versions of NetWorker and the TSAs.

Cheers

Hi,
It is different each time. I now have case logged both with Novell and Legato. But Novell says that we probably should get help from Legato. And between me and Legato we have a reseller that does not work as fast as I would like them to do. The reseller seems to want to try for him self for a couple of days before turn to Legato.

I have already tried the 4.22 version of legato and that did not help.
Now I have installed 7.2 with patches on two servers and 7.2.1 on the other two. Just to try something.

Novelli - did you say you had some new file(s) "unreleased" that I can try?

/tobias

/tobias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back