Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

save: Insufficient system resources exist...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chacalinc

Vendor
Sep 2, 2003
US
Hi,

I got the following error trying to backup a Lotus Notes:

server.domain.com:NOTES nsrnotesv: Error returned for E:\Lotus\Domino\Data\mail2\jcare.nsf by Notes API, error = 9898 (Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.)

I don't have access toknowledge base, what could it be?

Thanks in advance.

Chacal, Inc.[wavey]

I don't know what's going on, but we reboot the Notes Server and the problem was resolved.

I would like to know what happened anyway, some input is welcome.

Cheers.

Chacal, Inc.[wavey]

What version of Notes ?
What OS ?
Hardware ?
What was the uptime of the system ?
I know Domino has a 100 day issue in some versions up to 6.5.4, in which it would forget itself, and there has been other funny stuff like that.

Cause that sounds like some software has taken every rescource availble, which make sense since it went away after a reboot.

hmmm... "...has a 100 day issue.." makes sense to the problem, where can I get that info? I'm pretty sure that the Notes version is down to 6.5.4 (let me ask for details about your questions). the uptime was higher than 100 days, so if there is a "100 days" issue I would like to be prepared or prepare a plan to resolv that issue.

Thanks a lot!

Chacal, Inc.[wavey]

Notes is 6.0.2cf1
Windows NT 4.0

Chacal, Inc.[wavey]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back