Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

save imr as / convert imr to ascii

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpcognos

Programmer
Nov 14, 2002
DE
hi everyone,

does anyone of you know if its possible to save/convert an impromptu report (*.imr) to ascii or ascii to imr

tnx,

roland

Can't be done but you can edit the IQD to get the SQL....Magic Query (shift-alt-ctrl then edit on the report query SQL editor will give you formatted SQL)

tnx for answering, i know the possibity to save it as an iqd, but thats not what i need to change.

grds,

roland

If you simply want the report to be saved as an ascii file
simply "save-as" a .txt file.

Did you try the File-save as option? Select the "Save as type" and the last type is *.txt

Martijn

hi, i know the possibility to save the report in the menu "save-as" but thats not what i want. i want to save the report source-code into ascii.
bye

Perhaps rpcognos is not being very clear here. He says, he would like to "save the report source code into ascii", yet he doesn't want the SQL. So, what else is the "source code"

rpcognos, you need to be more articulate here, if you want the members to contribute to your question in a meaningful way. You may begin by telling us what's your goal and the members can figure out what you need.

Regards,

Nagraj

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back