Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Save For Web Very Slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

audiopro

Programmer
Apr 1, 2004
GB
New Windows 8 machine chugs right through save for web function. Speed seems fine doing other things, even resizing large images. I have no plugins installed so can anyone suggest a possible reason for the drop in speed?

Keith

audiopro said:
New Windows 8 machine

is photoshop setup the same as your old machine

e.g. same memory one or two disk drives etc.?

More memory, single drive partitioned into 2.
Photoshop set to use up to 1.5GB RAM.
Save for web as an action works instantly.
Has me stumped.

Keith

Hmmm stumped here too since you claimed to have no plugins installed.
Glad you found a workaround and hope you post a fix if you find one.

Sam

It is very odd, all other functions are fairly quick. It is not a high spec machine so it takes a while to process big stuff but the kettle usually goes on around then and the job is done when I get back.
When I say I have no plugins, the panel is blank in preferences, I assume there is nothing in there.

I Googled this and some people are having problems with a plugin with the ridiculous name of Suitcase Fusion. If I was touting malware around (I am not) but if I were, I would call my carrier program something daft like that.

I was wondering if there was some problem with a 32 bit app running on a 64 bit machine. Perhaps tripping over a 32 but mem address used by a 64 bit number, just a thought.

Keith

about a 32 bit app running on a 64 bit machine, my guess is probably it's OK since creating an action to 'Save for web' "works at normal speed" and you seem to say that all other operations work OK.

Maybe your preferences need to be reset to their install state, they sometimes get "hosed" and strange happen, just a guess.

Sam

I have reset preferences already, as I have encountered that before. It is just such an odd error and very annoying as it is stopping me working. If the whole thing was running slow, I could understand it but just this one function? I am guessing that something internal is causing the problem. I wonder if the designers are aware of it?
The fact that people are having issues with various add ons may or may not be connected but 'upgrading' from a working XP machine to this problematic Windows 8 machine is very annoying. I don't know or care what the problem is, or where the cause lies, all I know is something somewhere has been designed by a troop of monkeys and they, (whoever they are) are having us pay for the experience, whilst preventing us from getting our work done. This is negative progress and the world is full of it, led by the so called experts of our time.

Rant over - back to my chips.

Keith

Good rant, really hope you find an answer and when you do please post it here.

Much luck (and I'll keep looking too)

Sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back