Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Save for Web Script

Status
Not open for further replies.

acevans

Technical User
Apr 9, 2003
US
I have a BUNCH of files I need turned into jpgs. I am looking for a script to save for web as jpg with artboards checked. Actions crashes too many times to be feasible. I know exporting works, but adds the artboard extension. There are many scripts that export each layer, I want the whole thing with the clip to artboard checked. Anyone have any suggestions?

Windows, CS6

What is the intent of this conversion?

Because you are foregoing the Save for Web image optimization process that allows you to choose the ideal format and quality, I'm assuming a batch operation like this is more for previewing designs than actual saving for the web.

You could install SageThumbs and convert all the AI/EPS files in a Windows Explorer window with the right-click of a context menu. Illustrator is not needed.

sagethumbs-context-menu.png

We design apparel for clients and send them jpgs for approval. I do have sagethumbs already installed, I'll have to try this.....[2thumbsup]

thanks!

Sagethumbs does have this option...however Sage takes the EVERYTHING, need to be able to clip to artboard and eventhough we need the jpgs, they still need to be of decent looking quality. So Sagethumbs is not an option

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back