Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Save emails to text, .pst, or other format

Status
Not open for further replies.

sstoppel

IS-IT--Management
Jul 12, 2004
US
I have a user leaving for greener pastures, who has kept some personal email in her GW mailbox. How can I allow her to save to disk and take only her email with her? Any suggestions?

Is there a method to do hundreds at once or must she do each individually?

You can do standard Windows group selects (shift, alt)...

Yup, selected a bunch, saved them, which was ok except...
Each mail saves as a doc with the subject as title. So if you save 20 emails with a thread like "Re: July Meeting" you have to manually change the filename saved. Subsequent emails must be saved as (for example)

Re: July Meeting (2)
Re: July Meeting (3)
etc.

Too bad - a good enhancement would be to automatically handle message threads by appending a number to the filename. It would have made a 3 hour task into 30 seconds.

I would recommend mailsaver. It's free for download and it's a C3PO that allows for bulk exporting of email and attachments to a project folder. It's a great product and it even works with proxy. you currently have to move archived items back to a live mailbox, but I'm hoping that feature will be added in an upcoming release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back