Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Save email to a shared folder - possible ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

keithinuk

Technical User
May 14, 2002
GB
Hello
We share a lot of info with our colleagues but we also have classified info which must not be seen. We tried using a generic mailbox and forwarding the relevant mail but it didn't work as we would have liked it to.
I was considering saving email (from Notes 6.5) into a shared folder for the team I work with but I can't see a way to do this.

Can anybody tell me how to do this or suggest a better way of sharing info with minimal effort please.

Thanks
keith

In case I forget to say 'Thank you' I'll say it now - thank you for your help !!!

A simple button on your Memo form that copies the document to a given database should be quite enough.

The way I would set this up is as follows :

1) Create a new database on the server, without referring to a template (blank)
2) Create a Memo form with From, Subject and Body fields
3) Create an All Docs view that lists by most recent recieved, with whatever relevant info that could be required in the view (ie. Subject and originator)
4) In the user mailbox, add an action button (File, for example) to the Memo and Response forms. It can be a Simple Action, copying the document to the shared archive.

You will need the Designer to set this up, but it is not much effort. What you will really need to pay attention to is the correct ACL settings - you want to make sure that all who need access have it.

Pascal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back