Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Save calendar feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

wilcc

Technical User
Jul 29, 2002
US
Since a recent upgrade to Windows 2000, Sidekick 99 is taking more than 65 seconds to save the calendar (290KB). Why? What can I do to speed up the save?

Dear wilcc,
Have you tried opening a new calendar and entering a few things and then saving that?
Then reopening the original one.

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort and means that links are more likely to be current. Please 'Comment' on them if they are not!

james33, I tried creating the new calendar, as you suggested. It took a minute and 30 seconds to save, and the regular calendar took a minute 20 secons.

wilcc,
I had the same problem and discovered it was my virus scanning software (McAfee). It was set to "watch" all files. I changed it to watch only executables etc and sidekick saved in a flash. This may be your problem.
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back