Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Save As problem in Wordperfect 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

paw

Technical User
Apr 7, 2000
US
Has anyone ever seen this problem:

This is happening to a user where I work. Her Operating system is Windows 2000. When she does a save as to a floppy in wp10 it looks as though it saved, but it didn't. Then when she attempts to open or look at what's on the floppy disk it lists whatever was on the previous drive she looked at. If she looks at the hard drive and then looks at the floppy drive the same list of files on the hard drive will appear on the floppy, but when she takes the floppy to another pc it's empty. This does not happen in any other software on her pc.

I would appreciate any thoughts or suggestions.

Pat

I think that computer is a bit messed up. First of all is her computer seemingly slow? Or old? If so, the RAM is a bit wrong. If not I think you need to ghost the computer or reinstall the OS, but let's not get to drastic measures that fast. Give us a little technicals details first it helps youknow...

Thanks for your response. I will look into the things you mentioned and get back to you.

Thanks again,

Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back