Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Save an ASP as HTML page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamera99

Programmer
May 17, 2001
JP
One of my ASPs produces a detailed tabular report from one of my databases. I want to provide automated emailing of the report to the user. Typically when I do this, I have a separate email function that writes the data to a message body string and sends the email via CDONTS.

I recently saw a site that sends an HTML page as an email attachment. I guess I could write an HTML file using the file system object but, even better, maybe there is some method to capture the HTML page that the server created when it wrote the online report page. Then I could just attach that and send it to the client via CDONTS, instead of having to write the HTML to file via the FSO and attach to email.

Is this the only way to do it? Or is there a way to capture the dead HTML page after the server has generated it?
Maybe I'm missing something simple but I would appreciate it if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks;
Nelson

When writing the html output, try writing the html output including all tags to a string and use the string as the email body.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back