Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Save abend.log to floppy from console?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcloud

MIS
Jul 20, 2001
US
Hi,
I'm hoping to get some feedback regarding a failed NW65sp4 attempt to my GW65 server.

First, I'm hoping someone will help me with the simple task of saving my abend log to a floppy? I can't get into sys:\sytem from a workstation as the server won't fully load before restarting, so I have to do it from the console. I can also get into nwconfig...

Once I'm able to get a copy of the abend log to post, I'll post a more informative description of the problem.

Thanks

If the GUI will run there's a nifty file browser built into it. Just "startx" at the console.

I think JCMD will do this if you have it.
If you need it, it's here:

just scroll down to it. It basically gives you a DOS shell at the command prompt. You should be able to run it from the floppy..

type VOL to see what volumes are available, type HELP to see all the options and syntax.

Thanks for the replies - I really appreciate it.

OK, the system wouldn't let me into the GUI for the file browser, that's another reason I needed an alternate route.

JCMD worked like a charm.

It will load through a good deal, before I get an abend message and the system restarts. I manage to step through most of the load up, before pausing to get to the tools. I wanted the abend file because I'd already skimmed through it and wanted to post it to try and get help with this problem.

I was using SP4a, thanks for the heads-up on 4b. I'll try that next.

I'll post the abend log in a new message

Thanks again for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back