Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Save a picture in bmp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serban

Programmer
Sep 25, 2001
RO
Hi

I draw a picture in a Picture Control and after that I want to save my picture on disk in a bmp file. How can I do this?

Thanks

Mircea Serban

Thanks Norris!

a little thing:
to save the picture on the screen (not the picture loaded at design time or at run time with LoadPicture) I used Picture1.Image

There was quite a good article about this in Visual Systems Journal (a UK-based magazine published by Bearpark/IAP) June 2002. They post code on their web site but not until a month has passed - so only May 2002 code available at the moment.

The article nicely explained the difference between the .Picture and .Image properties, along with tips on how to use the clipboard to copy bitmaps. The .Picture is the background bitmap used to initialise the picturebox, the .Image is used to store modifications when the .AutoRedraw is true. Both are of type stdPicture.

UK residents can get a years subscription free - see the website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back